|Dr. Rohit Om Parkash heads ISO 9001-2000 AQA (American Quality Assurance) certified Dr. Om Parkash Satyam Netralaya at Amritsar.
Born to Dr. Om Parkash and Mrs. Ambika Om Parkash in 1963 he seems to have Ophthalmology in his blood as he happens to be the third generation into Ophthalmology.
Dr. ROP did his MBBS from Glancy Medical College and got the Gold Medal in Eye & ENT. He did his Masters in Ophthalmology from the same college in 1990.
Dr. ROP specializes in cataract which is the high profile branch of Ophthalmology. Cataract has seen the maximum advancements in techniques, technology and results. Dr. Rohit is one of the earliest ones to start with phacoemulsification in India in1995. This is the latest technique of No Injection, No Stitch & No Pad Cataract Surgery with Intra Ocular Lens Implantation.
He is the convener of the“'The Phoenix Phacosurgeons Club” which is the exclusive group of cataract surgeons who have to their credit documented 30,000 phacosurgeries performed by an individual. He believes "The main source of knowledge is experience". The other thing he believes is "good judgment comes from experience & experience comes from bad judgment".
Dr. Rohit strongly feels that this club is another feather in the cap of the Indians because more than half of the surgeons in this group would be from India. This group has the following objectives
This elite club is having its first interactive meeting in London in September, 2006. However, the defining moment has been the availability of the latest technology in India the moment it becomes available anywhere in the world. Dr.Om Parkash Satyam Netralaya has installed Infiniti Cataract Removal System for almost a year now. This is the most advanced Phacoemulsification system in the world.
- teach phacoemulsification throughout the world by conferences, workshops & live surgeries everywhere.
- organize round table interactive discussions periodically to form a consensus on latest phaco trends.
- document the outcome of such discussions and get its appropriate distribution all over.
- have a website which among other things would help to solve Phaco related problems of different ophthalmologists online.
- write books periodically
Dr Rohit Om Parkash is the first phacosurgeon in North India to use the latest technology of the "Torsional Elulsification" with 2.2mm incision micro coaxial technique with IQ IOL implantation. Torsional Emulsification is a much safer technique than the traditional phacoemulsification technique.
Recently, Dr. Rohit was the chief instructor in the instruction course "Tough Cataract Phacoemulsification - A Quest for Perfection" in the Asia Pacific Academy of Opthamology meet in Singapore. Dr. I Howard Fine from USA & Dr. Mahipal Sachdev from Delhi were the co instructors in the instruction course.
Dr. Rohit has a different concept in "Posterior Polar Cataract Phacoemulsification", one of the difficult cataracts to remove. This technique which was initially rejected by the Phacosurgeons received acclaim when the video of his technique got selected in the finals for the best video competition in the Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthamology meet in Singapore in 2006. Dr. ROP passion for disseminating knowledge is quite evident from the hundreds of ophthalmologists who have visited the institute for learning Phacoemulsification. Live surgical demonstration of surgeries in various conferences has been a regular feature by Dr. ROP since 1999.
The charitable wing is a brain child of Dr. ROP who feels that Quality treatment should be provided to people from even the lowest of strata. Dr. Rohit feels money should not be the main product. Services should be the main criterion with money being a byproduct.
Research Paper Presentations, Articles, Lectures, Courses as Faculty & Live Surgeries
- "Uncoding Black Cataract Micro Phacoemulsification and Simplifying PPC (Posterior Polar Cataract) Management"
In the Annual Conference of IIRSI (Intraocular Implant & Refractive Society India)
29th & 30th Aug 2009, New Delhi.
- "White Cataract: Problems & Solutions"
In the Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society
20th_22nd Mar, 2009
- CCC Gymnastics and Nucleus Management and 2.2mm incision size: The new gold standard for all phaco-surgeries" - Convenor
In the Annual conference of Punjab Ophthalmological Society in 2007 at Jalandhar.
- "Uncoding Black Cataract Micro phaco, Posterior Capsule Rupture (PCR) Management, PPC (Posterior Polar Cataract) Phacoemulsification: Critical Dissection of
Convenor of a session in the Annual conference of IIRSI (Intraocular Implant & Refractive Society India) on 12th & 13th December 2009, at Hotel, ITC Mughal, Agra (India).
- "PPC (Posterior Polar Cataract) Phacoemulsification: Physics & Principle
unfolding new horizon, Small Pupil Phacoemulsification: Conquering without any dilating aids and Torsional Emulsification"
Convened a session on in Annual conference of Intraocular Implant & Refractive Society India (IIRSI)
- Nominated for the Best video presentation finalist for "PPC (Posterior Polar Cataract) Phaco: A new concept"
- Chief instructor in Instruction course of "Tough cataract, Small Pupil, PPC, Hard cataract: A quest for a perfect surgery"
in APAO (Asian Pacific Academy of Ophthalmological) 2006 at Singapore
- "PPC Phaco : A myth exploded and Comparison of longitudinal torsional emulsification with respect to nucleus removal time"
at APAO (Asian Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology) 24,26th Feb 2007 at Lahore.
- Faculty Member in the session "Phaco nightmare and worst cases scenarios incredible cases"
1 Hour session on Phoenix Club at AIOS (All India Ophthalmological Society) on 3rd Feb.2007, Hyderabad
- "Sever Techniques of phacoemulsification"
at ESCRS (European Society of Cataract of refractive Surgery) in 1997, Prague.
- Honored with the GOLD MEDAL for the work done in ophthalmology in 22nd Aug 2008 in Mumbai at IIRIS (Intraocular Implant & Refractive Society India) silver jubilee conference.
- Annual Conference of Punjab Ophthalmological Society (Bathinda)
- Annual Conference of North Zone Ophthalmological Society (Patiala)
- Annual Conference of Kashmir Ophthalmological Society (Srinagar)
- nnual Conference of Intra Ocular Implant & Refractive Society of India. (Chennai 2008)
- Annual Conference of Intra Ocular Implant & Refractive Society of India. (Delhi) Sept-2009
- Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society. (Delhi) March 2009
- Surgical Techniques in Ophthalmology (Cataract surgery)
Chapter 9: Phaco Chopping for all Cataract Conditions
Chapter 52: Posterior Polar Cataract phacoemulsification: A myth exploded
- Mastering the Nucleotomy techniques in phaco (DVD2)
Phacoemulsification Techniques (Dr. Rohit Om Parkash)
- Mastering The Technique Of Advance Phaco Surgery (DVD2)
a. How Small A Pupil is a small pupil,
b. PPC Phacoemulsification,
c. Transition to Microcoaxial with Torsional Phacoemulsification,
d. Torsional Emulsification: A step forward.
Section II (Advances in Phaco Techniques and Technology)
Chapter 21: Torsional Phacoemulsification
Chapter 22: Atraumatic Small Pupil Phacoemulsification
Chapter 23: Management of Black Cataract with Phacoemulsification
Chapter 24: PPC Phacoemulsification: A myth exploded
- Mastering Phaco Chop Techniques DVD
a) Various Chopping Techniques For All Cataracts
Section 2: Various phaco Chop Techniques
Chapter 28: Phaco chopping for all Cataract Conditions
- Video Atlas of ophthalmic Surgery (22/02/2007)
a) Posterior Polar Cataract Phacoemulsification: A Myth Exploded
b) How small a Pupil is not a small Pupil?
c) Attack the Black Cataract with Phacoemulsification.
d) Transition to Micro Coaxial Phacoemulsification.
e) Torsional Emulsification: Why it is a big step forward?
f) Posterior Capsulorhexis: Indications & Techniques.
- Phaco-difficult situation and complication management (Tanuj Dada)
a) 2.2 microcoaxial phacoemulsification
b) Hard Cataract
c) Posterior Capsulorhexis
d) Posterior Polar cataract Phacoemulsification
e) Small Pupil
f) Torsional Phacoemulsification